|Zika Virus: Update and Overview
|Author:||Linda Williford Pifer, PhD, SM(ASCP), GS(ABB)|
|ASCLS P.A.C.E.® #:||511-023-21|
|CE Broker #:||20-570261|
|Total Pages in PDF Doc:||9|
|Total Content Pages in PDF Doc:||9|
This course reviews Zika Virus, the transmission methods, symptoms in in adults, how it affects the fetus during pregnancy, testing methods, and travel-related
At the completion of this course the reader will be able to:
- Describe where Zika virus was first discovered.
- Demonstrate knowledge of other viruses in the family to which Zika virus belongs.
- Recognize species of mosquitoes that vector Zika virus in the continental U.S.A.
- Elaborate upon how Zika virus can and cannot be transmitted.
- Describe the pathology caused by Zika virus in the fetus and newborn.
- Detail the common pathology exerted by Zika virus in the adult patient.
- Define the more severe pathologic manifestations of Zika virus in adults.
- Specify whether molecular testing is available yet for Zika virus.
- State which Zika diagnostic test should be performed on patients within the first 2 weeks after the onset of symptoms.
- Expand upon the role of the Trioplex assay for Zika, Chikungunya and Dengue viruses in the current Zika crisis.
- Explain where you would send an equivocally positive (+/-) Zika specimen for further testing.
- Show that you have learned the most authoritative source of safety information with regard to Zika virus, pregnancy, and travel into the "Zika zone".
Please choose ONLY ONE item from the list below.
Orders are for your account only, please select only one course code from the list below.
|Course Type||Course Code||Price|| |
|Online - Complete Course||M024||$10.00||Add to Cart||