- - CEUINC is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. - -
P.A.C.E.® credits are issued by CE providers accredited through the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) and are accepted by most states and certification agencies for laboratory continuing education.
P.A.C.E.® is an abbreviation for Professional Acknowledgment for Continuing Education. When the P.A.C.E.® seal is affixed to the continuing education certificate of completion, it signifies that the issuing company has met the high set of standards established under the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® program for offering laboratory continuing education.
ASCLS P.A.C.E.® requires that all courses are reapproved every 2 years. This assures the end user (laboratories & individual customers) that the material in the presentation is up to date. The P.A.C.E.® seal affixed to each certificate changes each calendar year according to the completion date of the CE offering.
Each course submitted for approval must meet the following requirements:
- The 1st hour must meet 50 minutes of learning.
- Each additional hour (after the first hour) must meet a full 60 minutes of learning.
Contact Hours for each course are calculated as follows:
- Quiz questions are assigned 1 minute each.
- The time it takes to read a document or learning module is multiplied by 1.5 to get the total time in minutes/hours for the reading portion of that learning activity.
- The times for completion of the quiz questions & reading are then added together to determine the total contact hours assigned to that course.
- Video and live lectures are calculated with exact time and are not multiplied by 1.5.