IMPORTANT ALERT: If you are a FLORIDA LICENSEE, please order and complete this course from the -Florida Mandatory category.
Total Pages in PDF Doc: 36
Content Pages: 23 (including Appendix)
Quiz Questions: 10
At the end of this course the reader will be able to :
- Recall the roles of the different government agencies that were at the forefront of building a safer healthcare system associated with the prevention of medical errors.
- Explain the different types of laboratory errors.
- Discuss how the organizational “tone” of the facility affects the handling of medical errors when they occur.
- Explain Root Cause Analysis and its importance in adverse events.
- Recall JCAHO’s Sentinel Event policies.
- Recall the process associated with preparing a Root Cause Analysis.
- List the National Patient Safety Goals.